Pour isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol, available at most grocers, pharmacies, and paint stores) to the spill area and allow to rest for about 5 minutes. The quick evaporation of the alcohol will actually create a vacuum effect on the pores of the concrete or wood floor. This vacuum will help draw the “odor creating” material (cresylic acid) to the surface. While still wet, absorb the alcohol with paper towels and discard. Repeat this process several times to ensure maximum absorption of the chemical.
Please login or Register to submit your answer